The Spanish interior is often overlooked by discerning travellers who equate all of Spain with sol y playa package holidays. This is sad as Spain has so much more to offer – it has the most fascinating history and culture mix of all European cultures. Away from the costas, there are marvellous treasures to discover. Get a few ideas from our Romantic Cities of Andalucia page.
For example, Cartajima – a small pueblo blanco in the mountains near Ronda – intact traditional culture, simple Andalucian cuisine, gentle village people, and unbelievably beautiful landscape. Apart from all this, Cartajima in summer is a joyful and relaxed place to be. Check availability here.
- village swimming pool will be open on 1st July until the end of August recently redone with astroturf.
- chiringuito or cafe overlooking the pool, serving food and drinks all day. A cool comfortable vantage point from which to watch the kids frolicking in the water.
- The well-equipped village gym is open every day from 6pm to 9pm. Keep trim while still enjoying the excellent food on offer in Cartajima!
- Or – use the outdoor exercise machines at the entrance to the village.
- Feria – the biggest party you have seen! – will take place on 15th, 16th and 17th August. Four days and nights of theatre, competitions, demonstrations, clowns, puppets, dancing to live music, free street lunches provided by the town hall… And on the 15th the patron saint of the village will process through the streets to a brass band and followed by more food!
- And then of course there´s the wall to wall sunshine if you just want to do nothing!
Christmas and New Year Celebrations!
A heads-up if you are looking for a peaceful place to celebrate Christmas and/or New Year. As in previous years, we will be offering an all-inclusive three-day break with a Grand Tapas Feast on one of the evenings. More information in the next newsletter.
Despite what you read in the press these days, real Spain is still a great place to come for a peaceful cultural holiday – no demonstrating unemployed public employees as shown on TV; just warm friendly people eager to welcome you!
Have a great summer and we look forward to welcoming you to Cartajima this summer